The Southwest Colorado Title Company You Can Rely On
Dedicated to establishing enduring relationships
It is our commitment to always provide you top-notch, personalized service. Be assured that you can rely on us as your title insurance partner of choice.
Here for the long haul
Title Durango, LLC is a locally owned and operated full service title company serving southwest Colorado. At Title Durango we are committed to providing the best title insurance and closing experience possible. With a highly motivated and experienced staff, coupled with the resources necessary to handle any transaction, we are the southwest Colorado title company that you can rely on. Our focus is not only on your transaction, but also to establish a long-term relationship as your title insurance partner of choice that you can count on to get the deal closed.
Our ServicesWe take care of everything you'll need.
Prior to Closing
- Conduct Title Search
- Coordinate all aspects of title services with appropriate parties
- Prepare all necessary documents
- Schedule settlement
- Account for all funds
- Review closing documents
- Disburse all mortgage loan or sale proceeds
- Satisfy all lender requirements
- Record transfer documents
- Issue title insurance policy
See where you’re at.
La Plata County
Colorado Rate Manual
Who needs it?
Owning real estate is one of the most precious values of freedom in this country. You want the assurance that the property you are buying will be yours. Other than your mortgage holder, no one else should have any claims or restrictions against your home.
What is a Lender’s Policy?
What is an owner’s policy?
What does an owner’s policy provide?
Why the seller needs to provide title insurance?
Why the buyer needs title insurance?
How much does title insurance cost?
What does title insurance protect from?
- Undisclosed heirs
- Forged deeds, mortgages, wills, releases and other documents
- False impersonation of the true land owner
- Deeds by minors
- Documents executed by a revoked or expired Power of Attorney
- False affidavits of death or heirship
- Probate matters
- Deeds and wills by persons of unsound mind
- Conveyances by undisclosed divorced spouses
- Rights of divorced parties
- Deeds by persons falsely representing their marital status
- Adverse possession
- Defective acknowledgements due to improper or expired notarization
- Forfeitures of real property due to criminal acts
- Mistakes and omissions resulting in improper abstracting
- Errors in tax records
Charitable GivingTitle Durango’s primary recipients:
Useful Links and Resources
Tools you can actually use.
Or stop by our office.
Title Durango is located at 1199 Main Avenue, Suite 201, Durango, Colorado, 81301. Office open daily M–F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Need directions?